Selling with Voecks’
If you live near Greater Fox Cities, WI, Outagamie County, Winnebago, or Calumet Count and want to sell gold and coins to get it off your hands, Voecks’ Fox Valley Coin & Diamonds Etc. will take it! We buy anything gold, silver, and platinum.
Some Questions You Might Have About Selling
What is scrap value?
Can a used piece of jewelry be sold instead of scrapped?
Why are there numbers on pieces of jewelry? What do they mean?
Jewelry is internationally marked to reference the purity of the metal used to create the piece.
- Sterling silver = 925 (92.5% pure silver)
- Platinum = 900 or 950 (90 or 95% pure silver)
- Gold = 417 or 420 (10k), 585 (14k), 750 (18k)
How can I tell if a piece is authentic?
As professional buyers, we use our eyes to examine the heft (weight vs size) along with some trusty science to determine the quality of a piece. Remember to consider:
- Real gold, silver, and platinum all are non-magnetic.
- Gold plated items have the look of wet/tacky paint.
- Vermeil is gold plating over a silver base metal.
How often should I get my jewelry checked by a professional?
The people of Fox Cities have counted on our family’s expertise for 50+ years.